meta name="p:domain_verify" content="fa6760a306001d6f6e56989f42abf806"/> pride and joyce: Maybelline BB cream

pin it

Saturday 30 March 2013

Maybelline BB cream


BB creams have literally exploded onto the beauty/skincare market and almost every high-street and high-end beauty brand has popped one out.

With promises of "blemish coverage", "increased radiance" and Maybellines own "Make everyday a good skin day" they are just too hard to resist taking home from Priceline. I've personally tried two BB creams in my time, the garnier one (which I'm pretty sure was the first one to land in Australia) and the one in the (pretty shoddy since all the colours on the packaging are so light) photo above. So here's my two cents on them both;

The garnier one is pretty thick, and on the oily side since it contains the added benefit of SPF 15. So that would be a good choice if your skin is quite dry. My face however is definitely on the combination/oily side of the spectrum so that didn't work out too well for me. I did not lose faith in BB creams in general however and picked up new Maybelline one; partly because of the pretty packaging I confess..

This one is very watery, so much so that I was initially worriedly mine was just faulty! Because of this, the coverage is very light. Perfect for say, a day at the beach where you don't want heavy makeup but I'd like a bit more coverage for everyday wear.

Alas the quest for the perfect BB cream continues! Next, I'll be trying the Rimmel one. What are your thoughts on BB creams?

11 comments:

  1. I personally prefer Super Blemish Balm. I think they're based in Korea and I bought a bottle at my trip there and despite the cream looking grey-ish brown, they have superb coverage and it is literally seamless, blending perfectly into skin. They have I think 2 different shades but literally, one shade fits all almost. They also have whitening and spf15+ as Koreans are all about the pale face.

    I bought some for my friend off ebay a few weeks ago and it was incredibly cheap (only 4 dollars). Albeit, I think it was fake. She still thinks its brilliant and she uses it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion! I'll check it out. :)

      Love Joyce

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of them for the summer but my skin is quite blotchy so I need something heavier

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm going to try the Rimmel one next, but until I get my mitts on that, I've been applying a layer of the Maybelline BB cream, and then blending over blemishes with my regular foundation.

      Love Joyce

      Delete
  3. I need one BB cream ASAP, I will try the Garnier one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would work amazingly for dry skin types!

      Love Joyce

      Delete
  4. So it's perfect now when the place is still cold and your skin dries out. Thanks for posting the info and feel free to drop by me too when the spirit moves you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garnier BB cream would be pretty good for winter, it's still quite warm here in Sydney though.

      Love Joyce

      Delete
  5. I've never tried a BB cream but I've heard so many good things! Can't wait to see what you have to say abotu the rimmel one, I usually love their products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fantastic for days when you want to wear light makeup and are so easy to use. I'm excited to try it out!

      Love Joyce

      Delete
  6. Love BB creams!! I use the Garnier one! Hope you visit my blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!