meta name="p:domain_verify" content="fa6760a306001d6f6e56989f42abf806"/> pride and joyce: french toast and frankenstein

pin it

Sunday 28 September 2014

french toast and frankenstein




I was kinda bored in the afternoon the other day, and slightly peckish, so I was scrolling through the interwebs for the easiest possible thing to cook and eat, that would still actually taste ok. And I foudn Liv's recipe for french toast. I always through french toast was super hard and that only badasses who were fully self-actualised and always had actual, SUFFICIENT time in the morning for fulfilling and joyous breakfast-times everyday were capable of making it successfully, but apparently I'm wrong. It's actually shockingly not that difficult! You just beat a glug of milk, an egg, some cinnamon, a teaspoon of vanilla extract and sugar to taste in a bowl, drop in a piece to bread and poke it around to make sure it absorbs everything, and then plop it in a pan, and then wait around for a few minutes. Not that hard! I was amazed at my own ability to not mess it up that I ate lots and was then so bloated for the rest of the day I didn't even have enough stomach space to shovel in some dinner. Until about 10pm right before bed when I got the goddarn nibbles again and ate a kinda weird tasting cranberry and nut bar (I never trust dried bits of fruit in otherwise perfectly good food items).

I also picked up the penguin classics edition of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, but since being swamped with chemistry coursework, I'm only about 1/3 of the way through, and I'll refrain from casting any judgements until I reach the end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!